Heritage IT Jordan Project
The project IT conservation of traditional architecture and heritage in Jordan aims at filling a gap in Jordan by applying digital technologies to support heritage conservation plans.
- To develop a set of virtual models (3D models and BIM objects) suitable to support the construction sector and traditional architecture and heritage in Jordan.
RESEARCH IMPACT AND PROJECT OUTCOMES:
- Developing a new set of BIM (Building Information Modelling) objects related to the traditional architecture heritage in Jordan, suitable to be used by engineers, and architects in the development of interventions on the built environment
- Creating a library of 3D models of exemplar buildings (Jordan heritage and traditional architecture), suitable to be used to promote the tourist image of Jordan.
- Establishing a dedicated Centre of Excellence (COE), holding the potential to activate a virtual infrastructure enabling cross-collaboration among academia, industry, government and civic society (the
- Quadruple Helix model) in the field of digital technologies and heritage conservation. The development of the COE includes the collaboration with the heritage city of As-Salt as a test bed to develop a set of virtual models (3D models and BIM objects) suitable to support the construction sector on UAH conservation and document tangible heritage.