Amila Pitigala Liyanage
Amila has over eight years of industry experience in software development and expertise in web-based application development. He has been working as a Senior Software Engineer on different domains such as Travel Reservation Systems, Enterprise Resource Planning, Material Requirement Planning and Business Intelligence way of contributing as R&D Team Lead, DevOps Consultant and Senior Platform Engineer.
He has experience in designing, assessing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems, which serve over 150 million hits per day related to travel bookings in RezGateway Inc. He was the R&D team lead in Richard Pieris PLC and involved in designing and developing MRP and ERP systems, including finance, inventory, POS modules and Advance BI tools with a machine learning approach to identify the real-time market stimulus.
- Cloud Computing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Data Science
- BIM & Building Energy
Qualifications and Memberships
- B.Sc.(Hons) in Information Technology and Management, University of Moratuwa Sri Lanka
- Professional Graduate Diploma by Examination, British Computer Society (BCS) Higher Education Qualification
- Oracle Certified Professional Programmer (OCJP) for the Java Platform (2011)
- Diploma in ICT Software Development, IDM City Campus
- Professional Member of British Computer Society (MBCS) since 04/2018
- Renovation for Zero Energy Buildings (RenoZEB – EU project) – https://renozeb.eu
- A Collaborative Multi-Agency Platform for Building Resilient Communities (MOBILISE) – http://www.mobilise-project.org.uk
Chandrasiri, A P and Geekiyanage, D (2018) Real-Time Object Detection System for Building Energy Conservation: An IP Camera Based System In: Gorse, C and Neilson, C J (Eds) Proceeding of the 34th Annual ARCOM Conference, 3-5 September 2018, Belfast, UK, Association of Researchers in Construction Management, 567-576. (Received Frontier’s Award for The Best Technical Paper)